Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day


It’s Christmas day!!

Had I written this days ago, there will not be any exclamation point in the fist sentence since I thought my Christmas this year will be lonely…or let’s say that I expected it to be less “merry” compared to years back.

A week before Christmas, I decided to leave my job. Though I am still with the company serving a 30 day notice, this gave me a lot of stress since I needed money (hey, who doesn’t??). I was thinking of expenses…of the things my friends and family would say once they hear of my “grown up” decision…and of course my future.

And as early as now, I am already budgeting anything that I will be receiving as part of my last pay. I needed to save everything I can since I do not know up until when I will be jobless once I leave my current job. This means STRESS.

Last Christmases, I was the one waking my sister so that we can do the final preparation. We need to double check if we were able to wrap gifts for all our godchildren and for the kids in the neighborhood. But this time, it’s the other way around. I was not feeling the Christmas spirit.

We opened the gate at around 9:30AM since our “patronizers” were already “hovering” outside. When my 5 year old niece started giving gifts (yes, she’s our little Santa), that’s the time that I realized that I need not worry and enjoy the moment.

It really felt good to see the faces of those little angels! Their eyes twinkle whenever they were given anything be it candies, gifts, money…

I know that my problem will not go away and I need to face it sooner than I think. But one thing’s for sure, we/I can still enjoy this blessed day whatever problems we/I are/am facing.

And also, I will have a movie date tomorrow. I can’t wait! I’m 100% sure that I will enjoy my Mom’s company. See you at the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment