Monday, December 22, 2008

Fish Fillet


I have a 5 year old niece whose imagination is limitless.

Yesterday, she was able to find a silver chain. Since her imagination is so strong, she started playing with it. Holding one end on her fingers and then tossing it to the ground, she was imaging objects being formed with it. She said that the chain resembles a mermaid. Next, she said that it looked like a dinosaur. And finally, it resembled like a fish. This was the time that she asked me what kind of fish it was.

Preoccupied of what’s going on with my life, I told her that that was a very special one. I don’t want to give her goldfish, fighter fish etc since these are so ordinary. Then finally, I gave up. She was waiting for my answer and I can’t think of anything. With less brain cells working, I just told her the first word that came up to my mind.

She was so happy when I told her what the name of that fish was. She ran outside and asked her mom to buy her that fish and put it in her aquarium. It was so funny since she kept on saying “Mommy, I want this fish! Please buy me one so that I can take care of it!”

I guess you already know what name I told her. Yes, it was fish fillet!

1 comment: