Saturday, May 16, 2009

Backpacking in Singapore

We arrived at Lavender Street in Singapore at around 2:30pm. It was more that 4 hours of travel time but it was worth it (we just slept on the bus that’s why hahaha). I was worried that we were not going to be able to watch Songs of the Sea since I thought that the show starts at 4pm. We still needed to find a hotel to stay in.

At lavender street, I asked verna if she could see any mrt station in any direction. Guess what, she said there was none in sight!

We approached the very first person that we saw on the street and asked for direction. He was friendly and pointed us to the correct way (though he said that that might be a 20 minute walk from where we stand).

After a few minutes of walking, I saw Hotel 81! Me and Tanya were searching days before of the cheapest hotel in Singapore and hotel 81 is one of them. I was relieved and we immediately crossed the street and enter that hotel. I was confident that the price was right (hahahha) but the lady said that the it’s 180 singapore dollars per night (almost P6000)!

You must be kidding me! Of course, I did not say that. What I told her was that, I was browsing the internet days before and I thought that it was only 60 singapore dollars per night. She politely told me that it is 60 on their other location but not in hotel 81 at Lavender Street.

But the next thing she did was awesome! She booked us in another hotel (Value Hotel) which only cost us 69 sing dollars! And the best thing about that hotel was that it was near a bus stop! Who could ask for more?

We went in Value Hotel at Baliester Street and unloaded some of our stuff. We were on the first bus (Bus number 145) that will take us to sentosa island. The lady at value hotel told us that it might take 40 minutes before reaching our destination. That was not a problem since we enjoyed the view so well.

Here is our first shot of Singapore:



I was inside a moving bus, that’s why.

No comments:

Post a Comment