Saturday, May 16, 2009

Songs of the Sea

I was so relieved to find out that the first show time of the Songs of the Sea was 7:40pm. But of course, I already secured us two tickets to the show even if they told us that no refunds will be available just in case the show cancels due to rain.

At 7pm, we were already at the venue and patiently waited for the time they will usher us in.





Inside, I was wondering what these nipa huts were there.



Waiting for the show to start, we took pictures of the surroundings including us hehehhe





I was only expecting a show that uses the water as the white screen where they will reflect all different images. But I was in for a big surprise!

The show was a theater play! Being a lover of the stage, I envied those who performed. I would want to audition! I can play the part of the rock please!





It was the story of the sleeping village. When Lee sung (if you can call it singing), he saw an image of a sleeping princess.



Wanting to awaken her, he planned to go to the village but he was warned by these creatures:









Lee kept on singing and awakens the Volcano, Spirit of Light and Lady of the Sea. (I apologize that I do not have pictures of the Spirit of Light and Lady of the Sea due to technical difficulties. I was prepared that I ran out of batteries.) (Loser!)

All the villagers were thinking as to why Lee was not yet able to awaken the sleeping Princess. Oscar the fish suggested that everybody sing and that might save the princess from the spell.

Of course, it worked.

This show was truly magical! All the lights, water, sounds plus fireworks… wow, it’s awesome. Everybody who plans to visit Singapore should definitely watch this show in Sentosa. It’s as if you are in a Hollywood movie. Amazing!

I bought a DVD copy of the show but due to laws, I know that I won’t be able to post it here. I tried searching it in youtube and it’s in there.

After the show, we went to their shop Oscar and Co



And scored these:

No comments:

Post a Comment