Sunday, July 19, 2009

First Meal

It was so good to see an old friend. It has been 2 years ago when I last saw Tanya. After the hellos and how are yous, she delivered a very good news: she prepared a meal for the 2 of us! Oh my! Can’t wait to devour that! Heheheh

We were suppose to take the train but being the miss international that she is, Tanya brought along a friend, Paul, who owns a car. Now, talking about arriving in Malaysia in style!

We were in for our first lesson. I did not know that Malaysia is following the right hand drive. It was shocking at first since I felt like we were driving at the wrong part of the road, but after a few moments, our eyes were fixed at the roadside. We instantly notice that Malaysia is a clean country.

Being a gentleman that he is, Paul asked us if we wanted to eat anything(maybe he heard my tummy rumbling heheheh). We went to a familiar store, KFC. We initially wanted to eat at McDonalds but we were told that McDo stores there do not offer rice meals. So we opted for KFC instead. While we were looking for a parking space, Tanya was giving us tidbits about life in Malaysia. She told us that we might see people eating using their hands. I told her that it was not a problem since I too eat with my hands at home. But to our amazement, she was referring to people eating with their hands while in restaurants or in a mall.

At least, we were prepared. We went inside KFC and ordered something with rice. But the service crew told us that they did not have rice anymore and they can only give us a bun. So we settled for 2 big pieces of chicken, a bun and coleslaw. I almost had a heart attack when they did not give us spoon and fork! I know that I already prepared myself seeing people eat with their hands in a food chain like this but I was not prepared to do it as they do! I can eat the chicken and bread without the spoon but the coleslaw? Oh please…

Tanya, seeing that I was hysterical, went to the cashier and asked for spoons. Again, thank God.

So after that meal, we drove for 30 minutes more. Here’s the picture of the very first thing that caught my attention:


Do not ask me if this is something like Hollywood coz I do not know. I took a picture of it to keep the camera rolling. My older sister told me that I needed to have 2000 pictures when I get home so, I’m just following instructions.

1 comment:

  1. KFC's coleslaw in Malaysia is not as good as what Phils have...different race, different taste! and another thing, they don't have the gravy huh, only catsup..the sweet and sour catsup, ewe! :(

    ReplyDelete