Saturday, July 18, 2009

Zoo Negara



After that tiring trip at Batu Cave, we went straight to Zoo Negara.

The driver asked if we were to visit our relatives in that place. I did not understand that he was kidding, referring to animals as our relatives, so I told him that we do not have any relatives in Malaysia and that Tanya and Marie are working in their country. Silly me!

Inside the zoo, we rode in a tram which will take you to different parts of the place. We did not want to walk and explore the place by foot since it seemed like a large park.

Here’s a picture of the different animals in the zoo:





And the most beautiful animals are:



I don’t know if that was the first time that I saw a camel but I did saw one. While seating in the tram, my eyes caught something that made my heart beat faster than usual.

Because of the fences, I was not able to see everything clearly and it (the fences) definitely obstructed my view. I saw something like a camel’s back but it had layers of feathers. Little by little, the fences were gone and I saw that that “thing” has only one leg. Do we have an animal that has only one leg?

My heart skipped a beat and my mind started to process what my eyes had just seen. After a few seconds, I already know what the name of the beast is: Nipa hut.

Yes, nipa hut.

I told my friends what happened and they all laughed with me (or at me?) hmmm…

1 comment:

  1. LOL you're really funny, eya! naalala ko tuloy ang kwento sa sipit ng damit! hay, miss you!

    ReplyDelete