Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hancock


I know it’s late to write anything about Hancock, the movie which starred Will Smith. When it was still showing in the theaters, I did have second thoughts of watching it since it’s about a drunkard superhero. So I ended up not watching it.

Last week, I bought the CD. It was only yesterday that I got to watch it. And I must say, the movie is really good! I almost cried.

The story is about superheroes that were built in pairs. All of them were drawn to each other’s opposite and once they find their match, they will lose their powers. This way, they will become immortal…and they will experience death.

Hancock has become drunkard, believing that he was the last one of his kind. Only to find out that his “pair” is still alive. Confrontation…fight scenes…

Aside from the special effects, I really love the morale of the story. It teaches us that people needs to make sacrifices in life. That life is never easy even for superheroes.

And one more thing, one character in the movie believes that there is goodness in anybody. This, I must admit, is something that I always forget. No matter how bad a person is, he/she deserves a second chance.

1 comment:

  1. i super like this movie too! you should also see his latest one: seven pounds. though i still prefer hancock and one of my faves: the pursuit of happiness!

    probably will smith's next movie would be the life of president obama hehehe

    ReplyDelete